“Far better it is for you to say: "I am a sinner," than to say: "I have no need of religion." The empty can be filled, but the self-intoxicated have no room for God.” - Blessed Fulton J. Sheen

Thursday, September 6, 2012

Helpful Sources

Today is just a blogging day, I suppose. I think it's probably like when I kid gets a new toy, all they want to do is play with it. Except that this new toy I have is all about writing and research and no kid would ever want to play with it except for me, because instead of being the one eating the sand, I'm the one running off of the benches flapping my hands in the air trying to fly.

What I'm saying is I didn't have a lot of friends as a child.

Where was I? Oh right. The reason I'm writing this blog post is to give you some of my very helpful sources. If you're serious about apologetics (which means 'a defense of') I encourage you to read these books, check out these blogs, and listen to these radio programs. 

 Right off the bat, I have to give a shout out to the website Catholic.com. They really helped me get started. Their radio program "Catholic Answers" is fantastic. You can find any answer you need there, and they have a great magazine. Their book, The Catholic Survival Guide, comes to my rescue every day. It's also a good one to give to people who want to know more about the Church. 

 Jimmy Akin's The Father Knows Best I've already mentioned, but I can't recommend it enough. Also, his website is full of wonderful and sometimes obscure knowledge. It can be found at jimmyakin.com 

EWTN has a host of wonderful sites with everything from New Age to Saints! I also recommend their newspaper, the National Catholic Register

Those are just some of my basic sources of information. I owe a lot to the people involved in these organizations. Thank you all so much! 

J

No comments:

Post a Comment